Terms and Conditions
The Office of the Parliamentary Budget Officer (OPBO) owns the copyright in all reports, costing notes, blog posts and other materials published on its website.
OPBO reports, costing notes and blog posts (the “materials”) can be used or reproduced for personal and non-commercial use in accordance with the applicable conditions set out below. Permission is not required in such cases, provided that the conditions below are complied with.
OPBO materials will generally be authorized to be used or reproduced for solely non-commercial use. Examples include: educational uses such as a teacher’s package of materials for a class or copying and cataloguing in a non-profit library. Permission is required in such cases, and the conditions will be set out.
Requests to use or reproduce OPBO materials for commercial uses will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Permission must be sought, and conditions will be set out if permission is granted.
The following conditions shall apply as appropriate to all use and requests for permission to use or reproduce copyrighted material:
- The materials used must not be modified or altered.
- The reproduction must be attributed to © Office of the Parliamentary Budget Officer.
- The most recent version of the materials available must be used.
- The title and date of the material must be indicated, with an URL if appropriate
- The permission is not transferable.
- The permission is non-exclusive.
- The permission will be limited to a specified use – e.g. a particular publication or edition/issue of a publication – and may be time-limited.
- Photographs and other images must not be used for commercial gain or in connection with advertising or marketing or to imply any association or endorsement by the OPBO or Parliament.
- The reproduction must not be used in a misleading or defamatory context, or used so as to bring the OPBO or Parliament into disrepute.
The material on our website is provided on an “as is” basis, and the Office of the Parliamentary Budget Officer excludes all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
The Office of the Parliamentary Budget Officer is not liable for any errors or omissions in the materials, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with the materials, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
Personal information, such as, name and contact information that is collected after their submission by the user will not be used for purposes other than those indicated at the time of the submission. The OPBO does not collect other types of personal information through the use of its website.